Dated: May 2018. This notice has been updated to reflect your rights under new data protection laws which came into force on 25 May 2018.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out details of the information that we may collect from you and how we may use that information.
In this Privacy Notice, "we" or "us" refers to SEIRA ELVES UK Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (with registered number 09548213) whose registered office is at 67-68 Hatton Garden London EC1N 8JY United Kingdom. Where you do provide information to our company, this Privacy Notice will apply to our website refers to www.seiraelves.co.uk
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
• your name, age/date of birth and gender
• your email address
• your billing, delivery or home address and telephone numbers (including mobile numbers)
• details of your purchases and orders
• your online browsing activity
• your password(s)
• your payment card details when you make a purchase or place an order with us
• your communication and marketing preferences
• your location
• your correspondence and communications with us including notes of telephone calls and webchat exchanges
• details of reviews which you post
• your attendance at events we run
• your competition answers or other competition submissions
• other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and sometimes we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Some of your personal data is collected directly, for example, when you make a purchase on our websites or enter a competition. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or shopping activity.
We work, from time to time, closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) who provide services to us and may receive information about you from them. In particular, all payments are provided through a trusted third party payment service provider. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
How your information is used
Depending on how you are interacting with us, we (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
• to fulfil contractual agreements between you and us (for example when you place an order for products through our website)
• to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
• to verify your identity
• to respond to a query and manage other customer service interactions with you
• to send you information about our products by post
• for market research purposes - to better understand your needs
• to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using our website
• to send you details (by phone, e-mail or SMS) of promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you, where you have consented to this (and have not withdrawn such consent)
• to let you know about and invite you to events
• to administer competitions we run from time to time
We may also use your personal data:
• for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
• to assess, operate and improve our website, the services provided through it and customer services
• where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
We will not share your information with third parties in order for that third party to provide direct marketing communications to you, unless you have provided your consent for such use. Such third parties will have their own policies relating to the way in which your information may be used.
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery, marketing service providers and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and customer service.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
Legal Basis for Using Your Information
We are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it with third parties in certain circumstances. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
• To fulfil a contract we have with you
• When it is our legal duty
• When it is in our legitimate interest
• When we have your consent
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. For example, we will use your information to action an order you have placed on-line on our website on the basis that this is a legitimate interest and is necessary to fulfil the contract.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data as soon as we can after consent is withdrawn. Please see the Contact section below.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) which may have lower standards of data protection. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If we do transfer information to our agents or advisers outside of the EEA, we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in the EEA. We’ll use one of the safeguards below.
Transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
Transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used within the EEA.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to contact us (see the Contact section below) in order to find out what information we hold about you (please note that a small fee may be payable) or to access or correct any information we hold about you. You can also request the erasure of the information that we hold about you (see the Contact section below)
To unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email and update your account preferences. You may also contact us to inform us if you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from us. Please see the Contact section below.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
While there are many different uses for first and third party cookies, the cookies used by us all fall into one of two main categories being either ‘functional’ i.e. needed to make sure our website runs optimally or third-party marketing/targeting cookies.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, or you wish us to action any of the requests detailed above, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org